* Cédric Krier: " Re: [tryton] RFC: Invoice sequences" (Thu, 7 Jan 2016
  12:53:30 +0100):

> On 2016-01-07 12:28, Mathias Behrle wrote:
> > * Cédric Krier: " Re: [tryton] RFC: Invoice sequences" (Sat, 26 Dec 2015
> >   15:10:15 +0100):

> > > I see you also have a check for invoice_date == accounting_date for out
> > > invoices. I'm wondering if we should also include this constraint in the
> > > base.
> >
> > According to our knowledge this constraint is definitely wrong for Germany:
> >
> > The accounting date has to be
> > - the date of the delivery for imputed taxation
>
> But I guess there are some constraint. You can not put a date that is on
> a closed fiscal year for example. Or I think it will be very strange to
> have an invoice with a date in year Y (with numbering of year Y) and the
> accounting date in Y-1.

The important date for accounting is the delivery date. The invoice date is a
trigger for payment terms.

> > - the date of the payment for actual taxation (cash basis accounting)
>
> I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing. The accounting date of
> the invoice can not depend on the payment as it will happen at a
> different time. The cash basis accounting is only about tax report.

That's what I have found in German forums.

Note:
I am not an accountant.

--

    Mathias Behrle
    MBSolutions

    Tel: +49(761)471023
    Fax: +49(761)4770816
    http://www.m9s.biz
    UStIdNr: DE 142009020
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0x8405BBF6