Bill Barnhill wrote:
Hi,

As I may have mentioned earlier I also have been working on the SCA-OSGi
integration, but from the third aspect that Raymond mentions, using OSGi as
an underlying technology for an SCA container providing an extension
mechanism, dependency resolution and service registry capabilities.

I think my work would dovetail nicely with the work Rajini and Graham have been doing. Would it be possible to create an osgi directory under contrib
with a subdir under that for each of our efforts (host, binding,
implementation)

What do you think?

Hi Bill,

That sounds like a good idea. Tuscany modules are not that different from OSGI bundles, I think it wouldn't be too difficult to package them as actual bundles, and come up with a variation of host-embedded that will load them as such, allowing for some isolation and better jar/bundle dependency management.

Do you have the structure you need with sca/modules/host-osgi? Do you have code that we can look at?

Any questions or issues that we can help with?

On a different, but related subject, has anybody started on supporting the package of (application) SCA contributions (as defined by the SCA assembly spec) as OSGI bundles?

Thanks