Hi Jean-Sebastien, Haleh, all,

The proposal is a 3 pages document describing the scope/intent of the
proposed project.

The outline is:
1. Introduction: the proposition of the transformation of the STP/SCA
component into a sub-project named SCA Tools under the top level project
STP.
2. Background: presentation of STP + presentation of the existing STP/SCA
component.
tools for SCA developers and SCA users. Another goal is also to link this
sub-project with other components of STP (Service Creation, Policy Editor)
4. Proposed components: SCA Domain Model (SCA meta model), SCA Composite
Designer, SCA Composite Editors (tree, xml and form), SCA Integration
(integration with other STP components)
 5. Relationship with Other Eclipse Projects: STP, EMF, GMF, M2M, ...
6. Organization: this sub-project will take place under the top level
project STP.
7. A list of proposed initial committers.
8. Code Contribution: the Eclipse STP/SCA component will be the initial
code.
 9. Interested parties: this section lists companies and communities that
support the creation of the project. They don't take other engagements.
10. Tentative Plan for 2008 and 2009.

Our goal is to identify formally the scope of the tools that we develop
around SCA. The new status will provide some advantages.
- I think that the SCA tools will be more visible in the Eclipse community
if we are identified as a sub-project.
 - From the users point of view, it will not change anything.
- Concerning us, we should be more formal: clear roadmap, new features
described/discussed first in bugzilla, ...
 - It will also present some advantages for Obeo by becoming a sub-project
leader.

In the near future all STP components will become STP sub-projects. To
summarize, all of this is purely administrative.
I will send you the proposal document ASAP.
 If you have any questions, don't hesitate.

Haleh, yesterday I sent you more information about the SCA Composite
Designer on the thread named "[Website] - Tooling for Java SCA". You can add
it on the web page. Tell me if you need more/different information.
My post describes what version of Tuscany can be used. I also introduce a
tutorial that I made. This tutorial is based on the SCA designer and Tuscany
1.1.

Best regards,

Stéphane Drapeau
Obeo