Sorry - I am of a generation where “TV Show” still automatically means on
broadcast or cable TV. In the context of what was presented in the linked
article on this thread, I am specifically referencing broadcast network TV.

You are actually underlining my point - the shows you mention are, I
believe, streaming on Netflix and Amazon.

The success of Roseanne on ABC offers some hope that broadcast networks
will see value in airing sitcoms built around stand up acts (just hopefully
new ones, not reboots).

On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 10:11 AM Jim Ellwanger <train...@ellwanger.tv> wrote:

> > I would be happier though if we again saw successful hit comics being
> given chances to turn their acts intoTV shows.
>
> How quickly we forget Maria Bamford's "Lady Dynamite" and Tig Notaro's
> "One Mississippi."  (Just to name the first two recent examples that came
> to mind of comics turning their acts into TV shows.)

Sent from Gmail Mobile