No social media company has allowed independent verification the total
number of active users… it’s something I’ve asked for. Musk using it as an
excuse to back out of (or put on hold) the sale feels like… well… an
excuse. He’s jerking them around, and he’s losing a lot of people’s money
and costing a lot of people their jobs in the process.

In other words, he’s clearly gearing up to run for president… and I’m very
afraid he’s going to win.

https://apnews.com/article/elon-musk-technology-social-media-64b8534f53aa0213fbfd2245bacd6109