Outside of trends, another area where this could be handy is when
using Twitter as a sort of OpenId style authentication method. i.e.
"Sign in with your twitter account".

Our service we have a lot of tools and algorithms in place to
eradicate spam. A few months ago, we offered twitter authentication as
an alternate means to create an account on our site (in addition to
Facebook, OpenId, and regular password signup). As such a small subset
of our users are also Twitter users and early adopters of the
alternate login seemed to be spammers based on our algorithms. I
assume if they are a spammer on our service they are likely a spammer
on Twitter... and vice versa. A smellLikeSpam(user_id) api call to
inform Twitter and a sort of X-Spam style header in the user
information details would be great. Reciprocating this information
might be valuable in nipping spam at the bud.

IPs and URL tie ins with other Blacklists would be great as well, but
might be overkill at first.

Blaine