I agree with janole. I believe the simple "Reply" concept would be
best in this regard. For example, if I had a tweet that I found,
regardless of who its from, I can retweet it, but link together the
original tweet in the same manner that we do for the replies. Thus, we
create a chain of where a retweeted message came from but also allows
us to make comments. Heck, with this direction, you can blow away the
original tweet in your tweet and insert a full 140-character comment
and with the chain, Twitter can go back to the last tweet in the chain
that isn't linked and we can assume this is the original message and
display the original above the user's tweet in the timeline, in a
similar fashion of how message boards and forums work.