On 8/14/09 10:56 AM, Ty wrote:
I have used sites with part of twiiter name in it and do not get
confused.

IANAL, but ... in the "likelihood of confusion" test, I don't think the standard includes us. By the virtue of the fact that we are in this developer group already separates us from the average person. If any Twitter developer ever mistakes a third-party app. being a part of Twitter itself, just stick your head in the oven and breathe deep until you go to sleep.

Think of your average person who's only joined Twitter because they heard about it on Oprah and want to follow Ellen Degeneres. They still haven't figured out what "retweeting" is. Now, they see a third-party app. developers site: is it likely they might be confused? Of course! They're a shade smarter than garden mulch and the words "ketchup" and "catsup" confuses them. They believe that pro-wrestling on TV is *real*. And guess what: they constitute probably upwards of 80% of the world's population.

Lowest common denominator.  Welcome to humanity!

--
Dossy Shiobara              | do...@panoptic.com | http://dossy.org/