I think that issue can be simplified down to zip code radiAl query
(simple) once you know the users relevent vicinity.  It's not like
browsers are actually accurate as an actual gps (netbooks iPhone...
Chipsets will change that soon)

Anyway just throwing in here... Scaryish topic (one I play with).
What if you are celebrity + hit threat and your loc coordinates are
available no matter what (oh yeah uuuuggnkbghk!!! :)?) ---- what do
you do then?  Anyway I won't post generic discussion further in this
list ---- I just started using or actually, I mean, SENDING to any
lustserv (this and cake)  If I am wrong on etiquette, I apologize ---
will ttyl. :)

I'm working on a few Twitter rhings myself.  I own StockAPI.com.  I
imagine it might play and offer with others ;-)!!!

Thanks,
Matt Kaufman
917 512 6281