We're aware of the problem with the following API not returning more
than 5,000 followers. Apparently this call has recently been
unreliable was often timing out and returning 503s. A change to fix
the 503s limited the results to 5000 followers prematurely. We're
going to get this back to the >5000 followers, but with 503's state as
soon as we can, but we're fighting several fires at once tonight.

More in a few minutes.

-John