I find if you take it as the rule and not the exception it's much easier to
plan.  Seems that way lately with Twitter. :-)
FWIW, I know you hate hearing this, but Facebook's API pushes changes into a
beta staging environment every Tuesday, notifies developers of the changes
as they update it, and takes feedback before they end up pushing changes out
live. Hopefully Twitter is working on something similar.  In the meantime,
can there be a rule of no changes at the end of the week?

Also, any word on lifting follow limits temporarily?

Jesse