I definitely do not like the fact the a deletion of a tweet also
deletes the retweets. It means someone else's actions can subtract
content from my time line and completely negate an action that I
performed on my account, namely a retweet.

To be very honest, I think Twitter is oiling a wheel that did not
squeak and is fixing something that was not broken.

Three things I do not like about the retweet system:

a) The deletions, of course.

b) The fact that the original poster's mugshot is shown against the
retweet, with the retweeter being attributed in the source area,
instead of the other way around.

c) The inability to modify or add to the tweet text that you are
retweeting.

The old/current retweeting method is/was not broken.

Dewald