I think the extra meta data the retweet API brings is a good addition.
Currently you have to use up
some of your 140 chars for the retweet heading + username ("Rt
@whoever ..."). So
you might get stuck having to truncate the original tweet. With the retweet API
you no longer need to include that in your tweet and can retweet the
full original tweet.

c) The inability to modify or add to the tweet text that you are
retweeting.

I'm not sure I like the idea of modifying what the original author tweeted then
referencing it as what "they said". I would like the ability to put my
own comment
describing why I am retweets this tweet. This could be done by just
posting a second
tweet with the reply parameter pointing at the retweet.

Josh