I cannot comment on what Jim's site did or didn't do, since he has
pulled all descriptive information from the site.

Nevertheless, it is highly disturbing that applications are being
suspended without any notice. This particular site seems to have had a
contact form, plus it was OAuth, so the owner could have been
contacted via the email address on file for the Twitter user that owns
the application.

Yes, some apps do stuff that warrant suspension. But, to just suspend
an app with no communication is bad.

If Twitter don't want to give some sites the opportunity to correct
transgressive behavior (I know they do communicate in some cases), at
the very least send an email to the owner with, "Your service has been
suspended because...", and give a clear path and instructions on how
the situation can be remedied as soon as possible.

I'm going to say it again, Twitter: Your rules are vague and nebulous.
Not everyone understands and interprets the rules the way you do
internally.

You must realize that actions like these sometimes shout so loud that
we cannot hear when you say, "We care about our developers."

Rightly or wrongly, here's a developer who has lost face with his user
base, and has been in the dark for 4 days now. The message it sends to
us, the other developers, is a very bad message. If you properly
communicated with Jim, he probably wouldn't even have posted about it
here.