I attempted to make clear that my issue was not with the guilt or
innocence of GoTwitr.

It's with the message being sent to all of us when no communication
accompanies a suspension.

I'm going to beat the dead horse yet again. With vague and nebulous
rules, nobody knows for certain what is allowed and what is not.

Twitter invite people to build businesses using their system and API.
By providing the platform, extending the invitation, and making the
rules, they are also assuming a responsibility.

It is a grave concern that one's business can be terminated by Twitter
with no warning and no explanation, based on some rule that nobody
knows for certain exactly what it entails. It would have been a
slightly different situation had their rules been as clearly defined
as Facebook's rules, but they're not, with intention.

Take follower churn for example. Do I churn followers if I unfollow
ten people in a day, and follow five others? Or do I only churn if I
unfollow a hundred? Or is it two hundred? Or, wait, is the number
immaterial while my intention puts me in violation or not? If so, how
is my intention discerned?

Take duplicate content for example. If I tweet "Happy New Year!" every
January 1st, is that duplicate content? What about "Good morning
tweeps!" every morning? Will my personal and business accounts be
suspended if I tweet, "Can't wait for the iPad!" from the same IP
address at roughly the same time? What if I did what Guy Kawasaki
recommended at http://bit.ly/jkSA1 and tweeted the same text four
times a day, will my account be suspended?

These are question my users ask me, and I don't have an answer for
them.