Couldn't you add a cleaning process to statuses just before they are sent to
clients but after they have been filtered into streams? The cleaning process
could pick up delete flags and remove extraneous metadata from the status.

Abraham

--
Abraham Williams | Community Advocate | http://abrah.am
Project | Out Loud | http://outloud.labs.poseurtech.com