Andrew, it's not so much about making a "simpler" API, but making it
standard : having the same API to get content from 6A blogs, Tumblr's
blogs, media sites, social networks... is much easier than
implementing one for each service out there.

After a small day of poll, here are some results :

Do you currently use the Twitter Streaming API?
Yes             18      53%
No              16      47%

Would you use a Twitter PubSubHubbub hub if it was available?
Yes             33      97%
No              1       3%

Have you already implemented PubSubHubbub?
Yes             24      71%
No              10      29%

Obviously, 34 is _not_ a big enough number that I think we have a
representative panel of respondant, but we also have "big" names in
here, (including some who have access in the firehose), which makes me
think that PubSubHubbub should be a viable option for Twitter.

If you read this, please take some take to respond :

http://bit.ly/hub4twitter

Thanks all.

Cheers,

Julien