Raffi, it is not clear the legalities of duplicating the Twitter API in
other environments.  For instance, if I wanted to run users/show_user on
Wordpress.com's API and get data in exactly the same format as Twitter
returns data for that, along with any other method Twitter provides, is that
legal?  Is Status.net's duplication of the Twitter API legal?  It is not
clear in the Terms.  It is not open unless Twitter allows this, at least
according to the Open Web Foundation (if I understand correctly).  I think
DeWitt Clinton has brought this up before, and IMO, this would be an even
more ideal situation than Pubsubhubbub support, as we wouldn't have to
change our code to do this elsewhere.  It would make the Twitter API format
itself a standard.  Make sense?

Jesse