Why doesn't Twitter just open up their API and patent and then the Twitter
API becomes "the standard"?  We all change less code that way. :-)  I like
all these open standards, but it would be so much easier if we could just
use the existing APIs as standards that we've already integrated into all
our code.  I think Twitter's losing out on a huge opportunity here by not
opening up their API.

Jesse