On to the real problem, are you using a library to make that POST request,
or raw sockets?  What is likely happening is you're telling the server to
expect 36 bytes of info in the first call.  You send 35.  The server waits
and waits then hangs up.  In the second call you're telling the server to
expect 35, you send 35, the server does it's deal, and everybody is happy.

  ---Mark

http://twitter.com/mccv