Your questions so far have been great and we're listening.

I wanted to let everyone know that when we do roll this out, it will be such
that developers will "opt-in" to receiving Top Tweets in their results for
the first month or so of the feature rollout. After the trial transition
period is complete, we'll enable this feature by default. You will have time
to adjust.

Taylor Singletary
Developer Advocate, Twitter
http://twitter.com/episod