Hi all,

This will be rolling out either later this week or early next. I'll be
providing you with more details as the release approaches.

I wanted to give a head's up that while the "top tweets" feature will
be *opt-in
*at rollout, the addition of the new fields to the XML and JSON returns of
the search API are going to be rolled out globally for all API-based search
results.

If you have a fragile implementation that relies on only specific fields
being present in the JSON or XML returns, or a specific ordering of fields,
you'll likely want to move on to a more robust implementation. I'll be
providing more details on the formats of these fields in a forthcoming post.

In JSON, the new parent field will be called "metadata" and in turn will
contain more key value pairs, like the new result_type field already
discussed.
   "metadata": { "result_type": "recent" }

In XML, the parent node for these new fields will be located within
twitter:metadata :
   <twitter:metadata>
     <twitter:result_type>popular</twitter:result_type>
   </twitter:meta>

We're really excited about this release. More details soon!

Taylor Singletary
Developer Advocate, Twitter
http://twitter.com/episod

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 3:46 PM, @dbbradle <dbradl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can you provide us with a time line for when this is going to be
> rolled out?
>
> On Mar 19, 10:09 am, Taylor Singletary <taylorsinglet...@twitter.com>
> wrote:
> > Your questions so far have been great and we're listening.
> >
> > I wanted to let everyone know that when we do roll this out, it will be
such
> > that developers will "opt-in" to receiving Top Tweets in their results
for
> > the first month or so of the feature rollout. After the trial transition
> > period is complete, we'll enable this feature by default. You will have
time
> > to adjust.
> >
> > Taylor Singletary
> > Developer Advocate, Twitterhttp://twitter.com/episod
> >
> > On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 9:44 AM, Nick Arnett <nick.arn...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > > What is the definition of "popular?"
> >
> > > Nick
> >
> > >  To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
twitter-development-talk+