On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 1:53 PM, Mike Champion <mike.champ...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd be curious to hear what folks think.

For me, the appeal of Twitter is its brevity and its simplicity for
integration with one's website.

I worry that once basic authentication is discontinued, that I will
have to stop using Twitter in my web based apps. Seems to me that
oauth is needlessly too complicated and bloated for many Twitter uses.

I like it that Twitter has been a very simple service, and that
because of the limit of its scope, there are opportunities for
indepedent developers to create extensions for it.

I am not at all enchanted by Facebook and whatever I do with Facebook
is out of sheer necessity.