It's great for Loren.

But, there's a problem, and I hope I'm not the only seeing it.

Twitter has just kicked all the other developers of Twitter iPhone
(and iPad) clients in the teeth. Big time. Now suddenly their products
compete with a free product that carries the Twitter brand name, and
that has potentially millions of dollars at its disposal for further
development.

It's really like they're saying, "We picked the winner. Thanks for
everything you've done in the past, but now, screw you."

This would not have been such a huge deal if the developer ecosystem
did not play such a huge role in propelling Twitter to where it is
today.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.