Dewalt, surely it's a bit early to say they are kaput? As far as I can see,
all twitter clients have their merits, and people tend to stick with the one
that does what they want it to do in the way they want it to do it.  I find
it odd that, even though twitter has been directly competing with twitter
clients through it's website for as long as the API has been around, the
fact of twitter buying out a client means clients are dead.  Personally, I
think you have over reacted to this.