I don't agree with your analogy. You seem to imply the utility of revoking
access is in the symmetry of matching API methods. If they light bulb had no
cost (such as electricity) and automatically turns on when needed why would
you turn the light switch off? There is a slight utility in that a user
might want to actually stop the application from accessing their data but
generally they won't be returning to the application so it is a waste of
Twitter's resources to implement such a method. It would be better for them
to add https://twitter.com/account/connections#appname so they don't have to
scroll the entire list.

Abraham