Hi Dossy,

While we have been having some performance issues that should give you
occasional 401s, it shouldn't be as widespread as the experience you've been
having.

When we throw a 401, we typically provide an error message within the body
of the response -- if you can share that it would be helpful.

Also, you can find a version of your OAuth application details page on the
new home at dev.twitter.com by browsing to
http://dev.twitter.com/apps/show/1574 -- it doesn't try to report to you the
# of access tokens registered to your application, which is the cause of
failure in the old interface. The old interface will redirect to the new
interface soon.

Has anything about your environment changed? Have you reset your consumer
key or secret? Does this happen for all access tokens or is there a specific
access token that you use that is failing? Is it possible that access
token's access was revoked? The error message provided on 401s will help
shine some light on some of this.

One recent change we made is that if you're trying to access resources that
don't require authentication, but you are still providing OAuth credentials
and those credentials are invalid, we no longer provide the data but instead
properly inform you that your credentials aren't valid.

Which, if any, OAuth library do you use?

Thanks,
Taylor Singletary
Developer Advocate, Twitter
http://twitter.com/episod