I've been keeping track of the major oAuth issues that developers report to
me.  I've also hit these a few times myself.

   1. The date/time on your machine must be accurate. Make sure you’ve
   performed a recent sync with a known time source.
   2. If you’re trying to call a Twitter API method that will update data,
   the oAuth setup must be Read/Write on Twitter.com/oAuth.
   3. Recheck all of your querystring variables for proper encoding.  The
   method that you use for encoding querystring variables may not be oAuth
   compliant.