After some research in my own application it appears that I forgot to
UrlEncode the parameters of the users/lookup query. By incident I
hadn't used any special characters in the parameters until now, so I
didn't notice this earlier.

Conclusion:
- Matt addressed the issue that the console on dev.twitter.com ignores
the parameters,
- users/lookup with oauth-authentication is working fine.

Thanks again for helping me.

Regards, Rene