If you do this, you will literally be forcing app developers to waste users
time and money, especially over metered GRPS/3G connections.

If the user can see the full URL, then why do they need to be "protected"
any more than they are when they use any other service? If anything, you
should be cutting through any and all redirects (shorteners) so that the
application can show the final URL to the user and avoid multiple useless,
latency-inducing redirects that reduce reliability and increase costs for
end-users and network operators. Cutting through all the redirects would
improve security AND improve on the users' privacy, instead of hurting it.

And, what about the user's right to privacy? You're basically forcing every
Twitter app to become spyware. Who wants to create spyware? No developers
with a conscience-and I'm sure that includes you guys at Twitter. Please ask
whoever's making these horrible decisions lately to reconsider at least this
one.

Sincerely,

Brian Smith

@BRIAN_____

> two things to note: the text of the returned status object doesn't have
the
> original URL and instead it has a t.co URL, and the entities block now has
> display_url attribute associated with it. what we're hoping is that with

> this data, it should be relatively easy to create a UI where you replace
the