Certainly:

<?php

require_once('twitteroauth.php');

$message = "This is an @test … "; // utf(ellipsis)
//$message = "This is an @test ... "; // ascii(three periods)
echo $message."<br />";

$message = strlen($message) > 140 ? substr($message,0,140) : $message;

$connection = new TwitterOAuth("X", "X", "X", "X");
$status = $connection->post('statuses/update', array('status' =>
$message));
echo $connection->http_code == 200 ? "SUCCESS" : "FAIL";

?>

As you can see, I'm using Abraham's oauth library and my sensitive
data has been sanitized. Thanks again.