I just posted a WP plugin that uses the dataurl attribute to make the
tweet button work with awe.sm, bit.ly, su.pr, and tinyurl:
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/tweet-button-with-shortening/

It also allows multi-author blogs to automatically add the post author
to the recommended users screen after the tweet.