Ryan, what about User Streams? I'm building something around User Streams but it is a "non-display" analytics application. Am I at risk for Twitter inserting another business into *my* data stream as well? And I'm curious how some of the other Streaming consumers are going to react to insertion of a monopoly middleman into their data source. I briefly dealt with Gnip a while back and found their API hard to use and their pricing exorbitant.
--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
http://borasky-research.net http://twitter.com/znmeb

"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems." - Paul Erdos

Quoting Ryan Sarver <rsar...@twitter.com>:

Dewald,

The basic levels of all of the streaming APIs -- Spritzer, Follow,
Track -- will remain open, free and direct from us. Elevated levels
for non-display use will be served through Gnip.

Hope that answers the question.

Best, Ryan