I quite frankly don't see *any* economic value in a downsampled Firehose. Why should *anyone* pay Gnip for 10% or 50% of the Firehose when they can negotiated *directly* with Twitter for the whole Firehose?
--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
http://borasky-research.net http://twitter.com/znmeb

"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems." - Paul Erdos

Quoting Dewald Pretorius <dpr...@gmail.com>:

The minimum Gnip charge is $500 per month, with a minimum of a year
contract, if you want to use Gnip in a production application.

And that's before the -- still unknown -- additional access charges
for the Twitter feeds.

You can't use Gnip in a production application if you are not an
incorporated business, so that excludes access for many developers,
even if they can afford the charges.

Maybe there's a secondary market here, for an incorporated business to
provide access for one-man developers to Gnip data for a fee. Meaning,
Reseller Inc subscribes to Gnip and gets the data feeds, and resells
them to one-man developers. I haven't checked Gnip's TOS to see if
that's expressly prohibited.

On Nov 17, 2:51 pm, "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <zn...@borasky-