But you will allow it, right? Even if it is thinking small, it will not be
blocked? That is our problem. We can't separate business advice from a
warning to prepare to be cut off. We can't help watching the hand that holds
the kill switch. It makes it hard to hear what you say. Have patience, and
keep explaining please. If something will not cause a ban, then say this
explicitly to us. Don't just think it was implied.

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 11:20 AM, Raffi Krikorian <ra...@twitter.com> wrote:

> my statement here was not providing "small" on the size of the company, but
> rather, "small" on the size of the idea. to re-iterate, making a piece of
> software that simply renders home_timeline is thinking too small.
>

> On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 6:21 PM, Lil Peck <lilp...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 7:45 PM, @siculars <sicul...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > @raffi @rsarver, I wrote up my two cents earlier,
>> > http://siculars.posterous.com/twitter-monoculture. I just don't
>> > appreciate the direction you all are going in. @raffi, I spoke with
>> > you at the CU recruiting event a few weeks back and I got to tell you
>> > that if I were asked I would tell those kids to reconsider working at
>> > twitter and possibly consider a Twitter competitor. you say "building
>> > clients is ... Thinking too small" I would say your policy change is
>> > thinking small and alienating your ardent supporters.
>> >

>> To which I would add, what is Twitter to arbitrate that which is and
>> is not "too small?" Has Twitter subscribed to the fallacious "bigger
>> is always better" philosophy?
>>
>> How small is too small?
>>
>> Less than $25 million in startup funds?
>>
>> OR
>>
>> One creative, fun loving person and their sweat equity?
>>
>> --
>> Twitter developer documentation and resources: http://dev.twitter.com/doc
>> API updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/twitterapi
>> Issues/Enhancements Tracker: