Innovation and development with the APIs are not being prevented. There have
always been guidelines, and rules of the road so we all know what is and isn't
allowed.

If you build a client you are touching the majority of Twitter features. The
APIs allow you to do this, and Twitter and your users trust you to use them in
the way the terms or service allow. The high bar covers your use of these
methods, and how you present information back to the user. The ToS covers this
but there are always situations where the application of them isn't clear. —
Let's have those discussions with your use cases applied for the benefit of
everyone.

The direction, and motivation here is transparency. You asked us what it looks
like from the inside out. It can be uncomfortable, sure, but I believe it's
better we all know how it looks on both sides.

Without us saying how we see it, how can we have these discussions?

@themattharris