Thanks, Ryan. That helps a lot, and we should all repeat that to anyone who
asks or says otherwise. So we have one answer. Tweeting in apps is still
good.

Now, can you explain what you mean by  "It's apps that render a user their
timeline." Please answer this. Is displaying a list of tweets forbidden or
allowed?

If yes, is displaying a list of tweets *and* also providing functionality
that lets the user post their own tweets allowed in the same app?

That is really all we need to know.

I won't ask you to explain why this isn't a "client". :)

Adam Green
Twitter API Consultant and Trainer
http://140dev.com
@140dev