It depends on what type of spam you are looking for. Do you mean tweet
spam, follow spam, or DM spam? For tweet spam, use search.twitter.com
and look for words that have commercial value. To get spam followers,
create a test account and tweet with those same words. They'll find
you. For DM spam, follow back the spam followers. The classic
signature of a spam follower is a screen name made up of a girl's
first name followed by 3-4 digits.

On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 9:19 PM, Jeff Tucker <fred.f.cho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm conducting a research project involving proactively identifying
> twitter spam accounts before they actually start spamming.  I've
> observed that some spammers attempt to create tweets that look like
> they're a legitimate account prior to actually sending spam and my
> project is to be able to identify those accounts as soon as they pop
> up.
>
> Unfortunately (I can't believe that I'm writing this) I am having a
> hard time getting spammers to actually spam me.  Is there any way that
> I can somehow get access to the tweets of several dozen spam accounts
> (prior to when they're shut down) so that I can see what they're
> posting?  Is this possible somehow?
>
> Also, if anyone gets spammed regularly, are you interested in helping
> me out with my research?  No guarantee that I'll actually publish
> this, but anyone interested will be credited in my paper in the
> acknowledgements.  Thanks
> -Jeff Tucker
> Lecturer, DigiPen Institute of Technology
> www.digipen.edu

> Change your membership to this group:

Adam Green
Twitter API Consultant and Analyst