Jeff--

while tweeting for the Chicago music club The Hideout, keep a close watch on
a search of the term "hideout" and see plenty in that stream that qualifies

many of these "sock puppets" have patterns to their names and flaky
"interests" that don't quite fit in their bios

they'll often RT a reputable publication's tweet about an article
immediately after the reputable pub tweets it, see these when the article
title includes the keyword "hideout"

believe they're doing this to increase their "credibility" and have not yet
figured out (or needed) to delay the RTs enough after the original tweet to
make it look more like it's actually a real person

a current example (about which I corresponded with the author just recently,
he assured me that they are not doing it themselves, etc.)

http://search.twitter.com/search?q=Inside+Gbagbo%27s+luxury+basement+hideout

best,

--Jerome Hughes
@jromeh @hideoutchicago