> To store or send component data I use XML format.
> XML-text is written without the help of a third party component
> however
> for parsing I use Stefan Heymann's TXmlScanner/TXmlParser
> http://www.destructor.de. It appears to be the freeware solution with
> less overhead. Should I better avoid use of XML and/or third party
> components?

I don't see any reason not to use other components, provided they have
source code, no point in trying to redevelop something that works.

> Are there alternatives?

Some people may prefer to use a database to store user information.
Ideally the component would be data storage independent, calling
functions to create a user, check a user, etc, where those functions can
be overloaded with XML, registry, SQL, INI files, or whatever a user
prefers.  I'll contribute the SQL version <g>

Angus