On 28-Nov-05 09:21:48 Arno Garrels wrote:

>Hello,

>I'm actually writing a simple user manager component that I would like
>to contribute to ICS. The component makes use of classes
>TCollection/TCollectionItem to realize a tree-structure. A user group
>contains accounts, accounts may have parameters.

Will they contains passwords?

>To store or send component data I use XML format.
>XML-text is written without the help of a third party component however
>for parsing I use Stefan Heymann's TXmlScanner/TXmlParser
>http://www.destructor.de. It appears to be the freeware solution with
>less overhead. Should I better avoid use of XML and/or third party
>components?

I think that it would be better to avoid third party components.
Dependencies can force the developer to have more components
installed that does the same think. So if I use two components that
need an XML parser and each use a different one then I'll have two
parser linked into my application.

>Are there alternatives?

Why don't use the streaming capabilities of components?

Bye, Maurizio.