[OT]

> I migrated from Delphi 6 to 7 recently, and have had several complete
> compiler lock-ups, causing me to lose actual work, something that never
> happened under Delphi 6.

Have you installed Delphi 7 update #1 ?

> And why does ICS need to support .NET?
> Is there actually a demand from anyone here for ICS for .NET?

I consider .NET just like Win32 was a few years ago: this is defenitely
Windows's future. No choice. It is better to prepare sooner than later.

> While D2006 does seem stable, I feel it's far to early for professional
> developers to migrate major applications to it, far too dangerous.

You are probably right. But for a component developer, it is a must. A
component developer has to be ahead of application development, to be ready
when applications need the latest version.