Dan wrote:
> You could either:
> (1) Not reply to the client until after 10 seconds (using a TTimer?).  You
> don't have to sleep.  I'm sure the HTTP server has some kind of delayed
> reply mechanism.  You can put the client in a 'waiting' list and only send
> the reply after your timeout.

That would be plain simply perfect for what i need but how do I do that?
For the moment I only know how to use the OnGetDocument to generate the
response and it doesn't provide any room for delaying it's processing!
At what point in time, or where from can I put a request "on hold" so it
doesn't get processed normally? Please note I need to have at least part
of the processing go normally, so I actually know it's a valid HTTP
request and I know what "document" the user is requesting etc.
> (2) Have the client only retry after 10 seconds.  There is a header you can
> send to get the client to refresh to a new URL after so many seconds.  Many
> sites use it for redirects...they redirect after 5 seconds for example.

That would be easy to implement but would not solve the problem (at
least not in an acceptable way). In this way the client would receive
messages in batches every 10 seconds (or whatever the retry time is). If
I have the server do the waiting the messages will flow much faster.