>> (1) Not reply to the client until after 10 seconds (using a TTimer?).
>> You
>> don't have to sleep.  I'm sure the HTTP server has some kind of delayed
>> reply mechanism.  You can put the client in a 'waiting' list and only
>> send
>> the reply after your timeout.
>>
> That would be plain simply perfect for what i need but how do I do that?

In OnGetDocument you have a Flags argument which tells the component what it
has to do after the event is done. If you set it to hgWillSendMySelf, the
component will do nothing to send any reply. You can then send it later. You
have argument Client in OnGetDocument  which tells you who made the request
and has to receive the reply you build. You send the reply by invoking one
of the AnswerXYZ method on the Client instance.

It is interesting for you to run WebServ demo program under the debugger and
place a breakpoint in OnGetDocument event handler, the follow the execution
for a request such as time.html. You'll understand how the component works
and you'll better use it.

> For the moment I only know how to use the OnGetDocument to generate the
> response and it doesn't provide any room for delaying it's processing!
> At what point in time, or where from can I put a request "on hold" so it
> doesn't get processed normally?

You simply don't send anything from OnGetDocument (that is do not call
AnswerXYZ method or Send or similar). You can call it later, for example
from an OnTimer event.

> Please note I need to have at least part
> of the processing go normally, so I actually know it's a valid HTTP
> request and I know what "document" the user is requesting etc.

If you come into OnGetDocument, then you have all the details available.

If you search in the mailing list archive for "answer defering" you could
find some more discussions.
There is a link to the searcble archive in the support page at