Cosmin Prund wrote:
> The server should return any available text for the given conversation
> or an NOP if no text is available. But here's a trick: If there's no
> text available for the connection I would like to delay returning an
> NOP until there IS some text available, or until a 10 seconds delay
> elapses. This would stop the client from going into a bandwidth-
> consuming busy-loop.

You realy do not need multiple threads to achieve that, send the
response when text is available or close the connection after 10 seconds.
Multi-threading should be used only when the client needs to carry out
lengthy jobs like executing a SQL query or calculating a MD5 checksum
on a big, uploaded file.

---
Arno Garrels [TeamICS]