On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 8:42 PM, Arno Garrels <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Fastream Technologies wrote:
> > Hello Arno,
> >
> > I have successfully been able to reproduce the bug at:
> > http://www.fastream.com/ics/httptstdemo.zip
> >
> > Please examine the code for onrequestdone and press HEAD not get. It
> > will first call head and then GET. Sometimes the url at:
> > http://www.zaman.com.tr/haber.do?haberno=695444
> > fails to display the data of the GET as it sees the "0 \r\n" from HEAD
> > command response and thinks the data is over when it wasn't even
> > started!
>
> Sorry no idea :( It seems that if the request fails the "0 \r\n" is
> sent so late that it's received as part of the reply to the GET request.
> Then however the component handles Chunked Transfer Coding which leads
> to the problem.
>
> Anyway this server is violating RFC2616 !!!
> 9.4 HEAD
>   The HEAD method is identical to GET except that the server MUST NOT
>   return a message-body in the response.
>
> Note the "MUST NOT"!!

But the server is Apache and as I wrote before we need to TOLERATE it
just like we do for IE bugs.

> Also, did you note how they spell Connection?
> it's "Cneonction: close" :)

Secondly, this is/should also be tolerated by the component I believe.
I am not sure what the current status of the component is regarding
this matter.

I really hope we could figure something out of this. Thank you for
your efforts and glad that you are able to reproduce it IN THE END.

Regards,

SZ