SZ wrote:
> yes we hit the 2GB limit BUT WHY as we have 300MB
> memory usage for the rest of the program and the cache uses only 1GB.
> IOW, where does the 700MB go?
I'm afraid you should better know what memory overheads are produced in your
application than I or someone else. The actual memory consumption is shown
in the task manager, so if it says 2Gb this is 2Gb.

> I think it is lost due to memory fragmentation
> (lack of FastMM doing what it's supposed to do). Has anybody seen such
> problem before?
The memory fragmentation is under your control to a certaing degree, depending
from memory allocation/reallocation/release policy (not only in the cache but
throughout the application).

Anyway this seems a little bit offtopic for ICS.

Best wishes,
Stanislav Korotky.