Scrive Arno Garrels <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Maurizio Lotauro wrote:
> >
> > What you described is more or less what I expected with that kind of
> > changes in the compiler. I expected similar problems with the
> > introduction of 64 bit.
>
> CG did a rather good job to make conversion of existing applications to
> Unicode as easy as possible.

[...]

Only to clarify :-)
My was not a critic to CG. This kind of changes certainly will have some side
effects, but, we say, it is the minor of the harm, or it is a necessary harm.

> Though
> this is a strong feature it also means that any code that used strings
> as binary buffer, or assumed 1 byte = 1 char did no longer work :(
> And ICS assumed that rather frequently ;-)

I think (and fear ;) that it is not the only one.
I excepted an arrangement period, for Delphi and third party.

Bye, Maurizio.