From: twsocket-boun...@elists.org [mailto:twsocket-boun...@elists.org]
On Behalf Of Darin McGee
Sent: Saturday, December 13, 2008 12:32 AM
To: ICS support mailing
Subject: Re: [twsocket] SSL install problem

Hello Team ICS and others,

After many years of using ICS I am really stuck.

I am having the same problem installing the OverbyteIcsDel70 with SSL
support as Albert Dent was / is having.

I started with a fresh install of Delphi 7 Pro (I have to use version 7
for this project).

I applied patch 1 to Delphi 7. The Windows XP OS is patched up to date.

I used Tortoise to download from Subversion the ICSV6 directory
structure.

I opened the file OverbyteIcsDel70.dpk from the vc32 directory

I added the vc32 directory to the package project search path.

I added the USE_SSL to the project conditional defines.

I compiled the package. No errors.

I installed the package. No errors.

I closed the package project and opened the project
OverbyteIcsSslWebServ.dpr

I added the vc32 directory to the search path, the USE_SSL was already
defined.

I compiled the project and in the file OverbyteIcsSslSessionCache.pas I
received 26 errors the first being Undeclared identifier
'TsslBaseComponent'

Now I did note that the directory structure has changed a bit from all
previous versions of the ICS components and that is the full path is now
\ICSV6\trunk\Delphi\blah blah blah.  Trunk was never in the full path
before however this is the only difference I have found. This of course
I assume is because I pulled it from SV and did not download it as a zip
package.

I tried the exact same procedure and used OverbyteIcsSslDel70.dpk - same
results.

Any idea of what could cause this?  In the many years I have used ICS
and most versions of Delphi I have never had any problems with
installation or for that matter any of the components I have used.

Thanks,
Darin