jli...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello Arno,
>
>> How does your app stop working? Any error message, AV etc.?
>
> This error shows up in IDE (and only in IDE):
>
> Project SSLTest.exe raised exception class EIcsLibeayException with
> message 'Unsupported OpenSSL version (0x0090808F)!
> Supported versions are 0x0090805F - 0x0090805F
> FileName: C:\Test\SSLTest\LIBEAY32.dll

You are using in an old ICS version.

> After I defined NO_OSSL_VERSION_CHECK in my project, it connected OK.
> Is it a good practise to ignore openssl version?

Absolutely not! The OpenSSL guys use to redefine important constants
and other basic stuff sometimes which made it impossible to debug an
application.

> Or, maybe I'm using
> an older version of ICS SSL that only defines the earlier versions.

Yes, always use the head revision from the ICS Subversion repository.
More details on the ICS homepage.
BTW: Current highest OpenSSL version supported is 0.98i.

--
Arno Garrels [TeamICS]